Available quantity in stock : 0 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
The Sound Devices 688 is a production sound engineer's dream come true—a portable audio powerhouse that incorporates multi-channel mixer, auto-mixer, recorder plus optional integrated powering and wireless system. By consolidating these functions, cabling requirements are significantly decreased, de-cluttering the sound mixer's bag, increasing reliability and improving ease of use. The 688 takes the finest aspects of the acclaimed 633, 664, and 788T and creatively combines them with new technology into an unrivalled production audio tool.
MixAssist(TM): The unit's powerful digital processing engine delivers 12-channel auto-mixing capability using the most sophisticated algorithm on the market today. MixAssist automatically attenuates the level of inputs that are not active and helps maintain consistent background sound levels regardless of the number of open microphones. Comb filtering and phasing artifacts are also reduced when multiple mics pick up the same sound source by intelligently attenuating redundant mics.
PowerSafe(TM): Incorporated into the unit is an exclusive PowerSafe circuitry with smart sensing of available power sources, front panel warning indication of power loss, and an integrated 10-second power reserve that will, in the event of an inadvertent power loss, allow the 688 to safely stop recording, properly end all file operations, and then automatically shut down.
• 12 analog inputs: Six mic/line preamps plus six line inputs all with front-panel faders & PFLs.
• 16-track recording to SD & CompactFlash cards; Timecode-stamped WAV & MP3 files.
• MixAssist 12-input auto-mixer.
• Optional Accessories: SL-6 power distribution and 6-ch SuperSlot wireless receiver system.
• Optional CL-6 input controller with LED metering and transport controls.
• 8 output buses: L/R mix plus Aux 1-6; transformer-balanced XLR and Hirose outs for freedom from ground loops.
• 2 AES42/AES3 inputs, 8 AES3 outputs.
• Direct menu control of SuperSlot-compatible wireless (with SL-6).
• PowerSafe protects files from power loss.
• 2-second power on-to-recording.
• Flexible digital mixing and routing.
• Supports all sample rates up to 192 kHz.
• Adjustable input and output delay.
• Three camera returns and dedicated COM return.
• Internal and external slate mic inputs.
• Ambient TC generator and reader and internal TC backup battery.
• Easy to navigate interface, 1000-nit LCD visible in all light conditions, configurable metering.
• USB keyboard for metadata entry.
• User-configurable headphone presets.
• Lightweight, durable carbon-fiber chassis.
• Powered by 5 AA batteries, external DC or NP1 via SL-6
No customer reviews for the moment.