A4audio, official Aaton reseller, present the new Cantar X3. This new record has been designed by the same team as the previous Aaton devices. The ergonomy of Cantar-X2 and his legendary mic preamplifiers are instantly recognizable, but have been redesigned to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and provide new filtering capabilities, while adding new features like Dante, IP audio system from Audinate.
The water and dustproof aluminium body is equipped with a cover manufactured by the military industry. Its exceptional operating life makes it the ideal tool on the field. The magnetic linear potentiometers are longer, more numerous, the push buttons are now silent, perfect for a concert hall.
The package includes:
1 Dual battery charger
1 tool kit
- 48 Analog & Digital Inputs : 8 low noise mic preamps with very high quality transformer. 48V Phantom, limiters and filters, 4 analog line level inputs, AES digital inputs include, 2 AES42 pairs (Mode 2), 8 AES/EBU and 24 Dante audio inputs.
- 40 Outputs : 8 Analog line level outputs, 12 AES digital outputs, 24 Dante Audinat audio outputs
- 4 Recording Media : Records and playback to and from internal 256G SSD (can be expanded to larger SSD, simultaneous recording to internal SSD drive, 2 SD cards and USB external drive
Metering & Controls : Ultra bright large swiveling LCD display panel, visibility optimized for shoulder work or cart, 2 large rotary control selectors for easy operation in any situation, 8 rotary potentiometers positioned so the operator's hands rest on them in a perfectly natural position, on board ten-channel fader plate with magnetic linear assignable faders, direct access to monitoring and set-up functions through dedicated buttons
- General specifications : Open and modular mechanical device with analog, digital and independent display modules for easy maintenance and 'anti-obsolescence' possibilities. Avionic aluminium box. Water-resistant and dustproof.
- Dimensions : 240 X 320 X 90 mm - Weight : 3,550 Kg - (4,010 Kg with 2 batteries)
- Connectivity : 4 Balanced analog XLR-3 mic/line, 4 Balanced analog XLR-5 (mic/line or line only), 2 DB25 (balanced analog out, AES I/O), 2 TA3M (AES42 Mode 2), 2 Gigabit Ethernet (1 Dante, 1 PC Connect), 3 USB 2.0 [(1) keyboard, (2) external devices], 1 3.5 mm (external slate input), 1 6.35 mm (headphones), 1 XLR4 (external DC input), 1 Hirose 4-Pin (DC output), embedded WiFi and Bluetooth (APP based communication), DVI (external video monitor), 1 3M 26P (accessory port), 1 BNC (World Clock),Timecode (Lemo 5P)
- Functionalities : All inputs can be routed to any of the tracks. All tracks and inputs can be routed to 8 analog auxiliary outputs and /or digital outputs. Linear control faders addressable to any inputs and output. Linear control faders assignable to Mixdown of 10 isolated tracks to 1 or 2 mixdown tracks, mixdown can be assigned to any of the tracks. Eight rotary potentiometers for direct control of balanced mic/line inputs. Simultaneous recording to multiple media, or backup copying of recorded tracks post-record. New improved interface menu accessible through buttons, jog wheel. All inputs and outputs monitoring and routing available through comprehensive and intuitive menus. 16 or 24-bit Broadcast Wave File recording at sample rates from 44.1kHz~192kHz with support for pull-up/down recording rates. Sample Rate Converters on all digital inputs. Variable Delay on all analog inputs and outputs. 10-second pre-record buffer. Generous 48V phantom supply guarantees 8mA to each of the eight microphones. High-pass filters before preamp stage, LFA and EQ. Native monophonic BWF recording with optional polyphonic real-time mirroring to removable media. Self-generated PDF and CSV sound reports embedded with deliverable media. Metadata entry of Scene, Take, Notes, Track Names, Roll and more with support for US and Euro-centric metadata templates. Scene/Take file naming structure. Aaton AutoSlate automatic slate clap detection and logging. Built-in slate mic with external slate input on 3.5mm connector. High precision 1ppm timecode generator supports all common frame rates. Remote Record and Stop triggered by external timecode. Rec&Play: record live audio while playing back pre-recorded files. Enhanced playback monitoring with waveform display on front panel. M/S recorded tracks automatically decoded to L/R for mixdown and/or monitoring. USB keyboard input for easy metadata editing and routing control. X3 reads and displays battery metadata. Compatible with the original Cantarem.
Accessories : Multiple batteries chargers configuration (2 to 20 sockets) in simultaneous charging. Softwares : Tarkan, Majax updated for last OS (2015).